Thursday, March 15, 2012

Haters

I really wish I didn't have to take time out of my day to write this but it has come to my attention that the Internet is full of haters. 


On my latest review of "Melange Creperie", I had an anonymous commenter write:
"you're trying too hard with your writing. You're not a writer or a professional blogger so the whole food description attempts like "smokey ham" and "salty cheddar" are not working for you. If anything, they're making this blog more of a joke." 


They also pointed out that I need to "find something decent to write about". 


I didn't know that there were people out there that had such strong hate towards adjectives and food trucks. 


I have never said on this blog or my Twitter that I am a professional. I do not plan on becoming a professional food critic or blogger. This is simply something fun that I decided to do because I am a foodie and I love seeing the food truck business blossom in Houston. I respect that everyone has an opinion and I welcome constructive criticism. I believe it will help me become a better writer and make my blog more enjoyable to read. 


What I do not welcome is cruel comments that are meant to hurt. If you don't like my blog then don't read it. I'm pretty sure there's not a person holding a gun to your back controlling what you read on the Internet. 


I realize that by writing and putting a blog up I open myself up to comments but that gives no one the right to tear people down. If I'm not personally attacking you then why do you feel the need to tear me down? Do you really have nothing else better to do?


I would love for people to comment and let me know what they think but let's all be respective of each other. I don't know you and you don't know me so that's all the more reason to respect one another. I'm pretty sure that in real life you don't walk up to people and rip them apart. If you do, I suggest you go see a therapist. 


Let's all get along here please. Thank you. 



3 comments:

  1. Keep doing you BOO! Let the haters keep making you stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think what you're doing is great! I love many of the food trucks and love that you're focusing on enjoying them and helping others to become aware of them all. Great work and don't let the bastards get you down!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was very exciting to see the other meals vehicle in the vehicle lot with no one in range. I'm sure I made the best option and I will definitely be back. Assistance was helpful and the vehicle was fresh.

    Lone Mountain Truck Leasing Review

    ReplyDelete